Friday, May 12, 2017

Around the Clubhouse: May, 2017

The Flying Clubhouse: Studio Space
The Flying Clubhouse: Black Sheep Club Pin by Color Theory Shop
Well, it looks like this space IS turning into an art blog... Actually, what's here is a reflection of what's going on in my life. If you're reading this, thanks for sticking around!

This past week I took part in the @CarveOutTimeForArt hashtag challenge on Instagram, which you can find at @AnnaFranklinArt. Some of the photos I posted are here. Steven and I recently rearranged three of the rooms at our place, and I'm very happily settling my art studio and workspace into one room. Steven now shares his office with the living room. He sacrificed some space for me, and I'm so grateful for that, but he's also close to the window unit air conditioner and his games. I'm far away from the air conditioner and we are both satisfied with the situation. He's the best.

I feel that I can be more productive now with all my projects in one space. I'm even trying to make one of the walls in my studio room a good place to shoot outfit photos in front of, but it's taking some work! All the walls are rental beige with lots of wear. I am hesitant to get permission to repaint since we don't know how long we will stay. I'm putting up pictures instead. 

Anyway, here's a photo of my new studio space. We thrifted this sturdy table and I hung up some scarves to hide the breaker box and splotchy wall. I'm using painted drop cloths to protect the carpet.

On some of these chilly spring evenings and mornings, I'm enjoying burning a cotton candy-scented candle. It looks orange in my photo, but it's actually pink. A pink cotton candy candle - from "Wally World," no less, might sound gross, but it's fantastic!! Even Steven loves it. 

How cute is this little Black Sheep Club pin from Lisa's Color Theory Shop? I got it a few months ago and have been wearing on my denim jacket ever since.

I hope you've had a lovely spring. I've been loving some of this cool weather, I know it won't last long. 

All the best!!

2 comments:

  1. The third photo down (it looks like a sunset to me, I don't know if that was your intention) is stunning. I've said it before and I hate to be repetitive, but your use of colour wows me every time I see your work.
    Your studio space looks so cosy. I'd love to have a separate studio space one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate that since I feel that I really struggle with color. I did intend to paint an abstracted sunset, I'm so glad that read!

      I hope you get a separate space too. Mine is small but quiet and that helps me focus.

      Delete